Thursday, January 22, 2009

New territory!!!

Sooo.... This whole waiting part of pregnancy is new to me! With Taelin I was induced 10 days early so... Waiting these last few days is KILLING ME!! heheeh I think that it doesn't help that (as my husband kindly pointed out to me today) I was/am still wishing for an early baby! Taelin was 9 days early and was 8lbs 8oz I think that if this baby waits any longer he is going to come into this world a 10lb baby! Ahhhhh.... My mom says that if she could handle a 9 1/2 lb baby so can I. Probably true, but I would rather not!

Last Saturday night! 3:00 am to be exact I started to have contractions and they were pretty much about 5 min apart and lasted about 45 seconds each... every now and then they were further apart or they didn't last as long. So but 5:00 am they had slowed down and then stopped! I was nervous and excited I immediately got out my pregnancy magazines to read what really contractions felt like and how long they should be etc... The difference with mine was that not all of them were painful. Some of them just made my stomach ROCK HARD! and then others gave me some discomfort! So My sister Jennie and I decided that they were probably just Braxton Hicks contractions. My sister (Jennie) who lives in Vietnam was awake since it was early evening over there... So I decided to call her instead of my sleeping mother at 2:00 am in California. It was a good thing since my contractions were just for practice! I am so excited for this little boy to come and am some what excited to see what it is like to go into labor rather than being induced!

I have been blessed with an easy pregnancy so far and shouldn't even be complaining about still being pregnant. I am sure that many women would die for an easier pregnancy.... no vomiting, etc... I just get all of the swelling, almost preclampsia (sp?) symptoms and this time carpal tunnel and tendinitis symptoms in my hands. Sooo.... oh and the constant heartburn! Anyway... I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow so we will see how things are coming along! Hopefully this baby will be here soon.... But however things go I hope for the best and pray that he is ready when he comes!

Love you all! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

Scott and Manda said...

I know how you feel! Don't worry, when you really go into labor... You'll know! That's all I'll say about that. Just cherish these last few days & nights (or hours, hopefully!! hehe) of only one baby to take care of!:)

sdheinens said...

I have been thinking about you ALLLLL week. I hope that everything goes great and your little man comes soon. Like Amanda said...you'll know when its time. :D Love you Natalie and I can't wait to see pictures of him.