Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Morning To Remember!

Today... has been an eventful one! This morning I got a call around 4:00 a.m. from my sister saying that she has been having heavy contractions since 2:00 a.m. and that she needed to go to the hospital. My sister's husband is in Vietnam and is flying in on Sunday, so I went over and picked her up. We drove quickly to the hospital where they monitored her for about 45 min. before deciding that she was in true labor. By this point she was dilated to a 5 and was moved to a delivery room and an anesthesiologist on his way after his C section. By the time the anesthesiologist arrived, Jennie was having pretty hard contractions... To make a short story shorter, she gave birth to Anneliese Marchant by the time the needle had been placed in her back and ready to go! What a trooper Jennie was! The whole time she wasn't allowed to move because of the needle, and she was giving birth at the same time! The the Dr. who was in another room delivering had his hands tied. Luckily there was another Dr. waiting for a C-section in the hall from the same practice. It ended up being the same Dr. that delivered Taelin for me! He was so calm and just stepped right in like he had been there the whole time! Crazy! I got to be the lucky supporter! It was a wonderful experience being able to be there for my sister in her time of need. She was a trooper and proved to herself that she is stronger than she thought she ever could be!

I love you Jennie! Here is a little slide show of our Morning together! Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox photobook: Baby Marchant
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

8 comments:

Roy and Angie Smith said...

So many babies being born in your family!! I bet your mom is just loving being a grandma!

Gina & Nate said...

Ah! I found ya on here! congrats on your baby #2! Adorable and cute explains all! I hope all is well!

Suzanne said...

I love that you got to experience that with your sister! Now that i've been through it I want to be there for someone else when they give birth. I would love to experience it on the other side.

Scott and Manda said...

Ok it's officially been one month! Time to UPDATE!!!
I was looking at your blog archives and it's soo crazy! I can't believe we've been blogging for almost 2 years. And Tae used to be so tiny!!!

Robertson Family said...

hehehe I know I need to update! I have started one several times but never finish! I will try to put one out tonight after the kids go to bed!

Marchant Family said...

Thank you Natalie! We just got back to Vietnam last night and I'm having a moment to check blogs and update ours. Don't worry, I haven't posted in about 2 months! Love you to pieces sis and thank you for being there for me when I really needed you.

Briant and Becky Buckwalter said...

Cute entry Natalie! I loved the movie! You are so clever and the pictures are so cute. Thanks for being such a support to your sister. You saved her bacon!! Love you, Mom

Suzanne said...

Miss you Natalie! Hope everything is going great! I'm sure you are just SO busy with two little angels to take care of.