Friday, February 15, 2008

Life can be scary at times!

So Yesterday Feb. 18 2008, Taelin surprised us with something new! I have to admit that it is not something that I like. I laid her down for a nap and she started to cry, a hard cry, like I just hit my head on the bench kind of cry. Then she stopped breathing and turned blue and was limp. I hurried and turned her upside down on my knee and started to pat/hit her back as if she was choking on something. She finally came to and was crying! It was the worst thing ever. She has been sooo sick lately that I just assumed that she as choking on saliva/snot/etc... Well today after her bath, Danny laid her on the changing table to put a diaper on and she did it again. Of course we thought that we should take her to the Dr's. So While we were there, the Dr. didn't seem surprised to hear about these episodes. He checked everything out and informed us that she had an ear infection and that because of her age and temperament that she was going through a stage where she holds her breath. I guess that a lot for children do this. Of course she is not doing it on purpose, but he said that she starts crying and catches herself off guard and quits breathing. He said that she will start breathing on her own after these episodes. Well she was given her Hepatitis shot while we were there and of course she did it while we were there. I hate it when she does it! You have NO idea what goes through my mind, heart and body. It's like a panic attack. What do I do, and am I doing it right, she's still NOT breathing and then all of the sudden she does! Gasping for air!!! This is the worst feeling. The first time she did it I thought that she was dead!! Ahhhhh.... why does she have to pull on my heart strings like this. I feel like I can't not have the monitor on now! I have to be reassured that she is still breathing. I know that they said that she will start breathing on her own, but what if she doesn't. I don't think that we are going to be able to finish sleep trainging Taelin! I just can't bear the thought of her not breathing! I hope that when she feels a little better that she will sleep train herself and the she will learn not to cry soooo hard!

Anyway, That is the latest about Taelin. Other that that she is a cute happy little camper. She loves to crawl around to see what she can find.

Our car was hit on Sunday night, and the someone who hit our car just drove away like it was no big deal. Of course we didn't see or hear anything. I can't believe that people wouldn't leave a note with their name and number with and apology!! It just angers me soooo much! That is the purpose of insurance! Sure your cost is going to go up, but that is the price of driving badly. Ahhhh anyway.... the dent is below our gas tank and above the rear drivers side wheel. There is a little red paint so I have been keeping my eyes out for a red car in our neighborhood that parks across the street from us. When we have the money to fix it the car will also need to be painted. There are huge!! pieces coming off.

On to the good news Danny found a job! He is working for the Provo Canyon School! He went and observed the other day and seemed to really like it. He has always liked working with the youth so I feel that it will be a really good job for him. We also feel that it will work well with school.

I have been enjoying the Twilight series! I have read the first two books in three days, and my sister in law brought over the third book today! I am sooo excited to read it!

That is just about all that is new with our family. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Natalie

4 comments:

Mike and Alyse Swenson said...

What a week for you guys! Crazy stuff!

.. said...

Nat- OMGosh! Taelin's "episodes" would FREAK ME OUT! I'm sorry about all the hard times right now. I didn't know Danny was looking for a new job- what happened there?

Robertson Family said...

Sorry! We haven't been the most vocal about all of our latest trials. I should have called you! Prominence just didn't have enough work to keep paying all of the employees. You know with everything how it is now. Replacing windows, building, etc... is the last thing on peoples minds. Things will probably pick up when the warmer weather starts, but for the mean time there just wasn't enough work. So they let Danny go! It was sad to leave, but it will all work out. Danny started work for Provo Canyon School yesterday. He seems to really like it there. The only bummer is the hours. Oh well I guess that I will have to really be dedicated to loosing weight now! I have all the time in the world to myself once Taelin goes to sleep! Luckily Taelin hasn't had an episode since Tuesday. I hope that she was just having them because she was in pain because of the ear ache.

How are things going with the house? I have been checking your blog for new info.!!! Did you get the brochures that we left for you?

mother of boys said...

Holding her breath and turning blue is SO scary! I have never had that happen with any of my kids. I think I would freak out too. I'm glad she did it at the dr's office though so they could verify what they told you. I hope she outgrows it soon. Tell Danny congrats on his new job! And, good luck adjusting.
Love you, EMILY