Monday, December 8, 2008

Hopin' for a Winter Wonder Land!



I sooo love winter! I love all four seasons! So far Utah has been lacking one or two of the seasons every year for the last few years. They come late and leave early! So sad!!! I remember the years when I would play play play in the snow that was at least two feet deep all winter long! The boys in the neighborhood would make the coolest forts! They were tall enough that you could stand up in them and they would build them on a hill so that you could slid into the igloo and then they had another way out! I am not quite sure what the inside was like, because they were true boys and NO GIRLS were allowed! So sad! but they were still cool to look at. The next door neighbor would take his four wheeler and snow plow all of the snow to the side of the street into a big pile.... then I would attempt to make my own igloo.... never really was fun since you have all of the dirt from the road! No shoveling isn't the best, but it sure makes for a great family activity with hot chocolate afterwords. I wish that the snow would stick today! It needs to look more like Christmas! Here is a cute picture and video of Taelin playing in the snow! Okay so Blogger is being stuborn and not downloading the video! Sad! She tried to catch the snow flakes in her mouth it was really cute! Maybe I will try another day when I have the patience!

It was cold and fun. Taelin enjoyed a candy cane for the first time! The stickiness was all over her and the coat! I guess that it is a good thing both are washable! Uncle Ian was in the parade since he works for Provo City.
It was fun to see him. We have our house officially decorated for Christmas! I think that it looks so cute! I will have to post some pictures later since I haven't taken any yet!
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!


Oh and here is another picture that I LOVE Taelin snuggling with Daddy!

3 comments:

The coolest Petersens said...

You guys have such a cute family. It looks like you are enjoying the season. I miss the snow too, I hear though that it is supposed to snow a lot this weekend. Cross the fingers that it sticks, how are you feeling?

Robertson Family said...

I am feeling great! Luckily I am not swollen like I was with Taelin. I am really tired though and can't wait to see the cute little boy! (we hope that he comes out a boy! heheh we know that even with today's technology, they are not always right! Thanks to you guys!)
I hope the snow sticks! Then we can really play in it!

sdheinens said...

Taelin is so beautiful and you look great! Pretty soon!!!! :D