Thursday, December 11, 2008

Trip to Salt Lake City!



So yesterday our little family took the trek up to Salt Lake City! Danny needed to go tour the Church History Museum so we did that first and then took advantage of being close and seeing the lights! The Museum was great and Taelin was even amused by all of the things that were at her level! They were so smart in putting up railings and plexy glass below to allow the children to see the exhibits too! She loved looking at the refection of Angel Maroni in the window looking towards Temple Square! One of my favorite things is watching or riding the carriages! (I have only road in the carriage when I was about 5 years old) The sound of the Clydesdale hooves clapping against the road is just so beautiful not to mention the horse itself! The lights were amazing they are always soo beautiful and make me want to be so ambitious myself and do it to all of the trees in my yard, but who am I kidding do you know how long that would take! FOREVER! I love decorating for Christmas but do not enjoy being a human ice sculpture. On our way home I was in the mood for Olive Gardens soup! And just as we were passing a car pulled out of a parking place just in front of the restaurant! We were meant to go.. the wait was only 10 minutes so we stayed! I love the Minestrone soup there.... it's the best! Yummmm.... Taelin enjoyed it too.... There was a family of kids sitting behind me and they had fun making her laugh! We're talking a gut belly laugh! It was adorable and we all had a good time laughing with her! Thanks for reading! Have a very merry time getting ready for Christmas!


4 comments:

Scott and Manda said...

How fun!!! I love that picture of your family in front of the pond. I'm glad you guys got to go!

sdheinens said...

What a cute picture of you guys. I am SOOO jealous of you guys. I love SLC in the winter time. Its the BEST!

The coolest Petersens said...

So cute, we love Temple Square at Christmas time and the kids love love the lights.

.. said...

Nat,
I love your family photo! So cute! You can hardly tell you have another on the way- VERY SOON! You're such a gorgeous Pregnant woman! Not many women can pull it off- keep having those babies! You look good!